Monday, March 19, 2007

In Microsoft we Trust

Woke up this morning to find my computer clock had "sprung forward" according to its best understanding of daylight savings time.

Or was it that my handheld "fell back?" Seriously, I'm not trying to be funny. But something has happened, and I no longer now what time it is.

I am going to use the kitchen oven clock as the standard, because I know I set that clock accurately a couple weeks ago based on the new rules.

Perhaps the real effect of our government changing the daylight savings time rules is an increased awareness of how deeply our lives are integrated with technology. Microsoft technology, specifically.

Ted Kaczynski must be pacing in prison. In Ray Kurzweil's, "The Age of Spiritual Machines: When Computers Exceed Human Intelligence," I read an excerpt from, Kaczynski's, "Industrial Society and Its Future." I thought that some of his points were reasonable, but his PR campaign certainly sucked.

No comments: